Monday, November 8, 2010

"If  I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

I don't know why I quote songs so much.  It's better than spewing off my own words sometimes.  Usually.  More often than not.  I mean , here are some words that are out there for the taking, for the quoting , that pretty much sums up what's going on in my head.  Or sometimes, just sound good.  Sure,  I could write something, but it could very easily end up like all those high school poems that we've either read or written and everyone is like, 'oh my god, that is such a good poem!  I especially like the part about the heart and the love and wings and beauty.'  Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
   There was a time when I was writing like Jim Morrison.  yeesh.    And then there  was a bit of influence from Soul Coughing.  Before any of that, were the hippie poems.  Poems about flowers growing and talking in my bed singing Jimmy Crack Corn.
Anyway, got tired of it.  I knew it was all crap when I was done writing it.  I took a poetry class later on in life and used some  of the old stuff, tweaked it, but it never really has been good.
So!  That's why I listen to music and quote songs because I'd rather not quote myself.

The real reason for this post though, is to share a couple sketches that I forgot to put on the last post.  And when I say a couple, I mean 2.  And when I say sketches, I mean very sketchy, not much to look at.  But I wanted to show you where certain ideas might come from in the future.  I just got back into the whole birdwatching and sketching thing, so will hone my skills and have more to post over the next few weeks.  I'll be going to Missouri over Thanksgiving, which hopefully give me time to sit and watch and draw.




See?  Very basic.  But it's there.  Man, why didn't I spend more time drawing?...oh, right, all the birds were sleeping.


All right.  I hope you all are doing well.  Miss you terribly.  Each and every one of you, except you, yeah, you, I see you plenty.

love to all...
Beth

No comments: