I started my drive going south to Corvallis. In doing this, I would be doing a loop on my drive. Going south to Corvallis, then cutting across to the coast, then driving up the coast. I only made it to Pacific City that day, but it was a good drive. First pic is the land that is farmed for saplings and other things that are harvested quickly.
This is coming out of Philomath...heading west. The beginnings of the coastal range. Hardly any snow there either.
a little bit of clear cutting.
a lot more...ugh.
My first stop was Newport to see the sea lions and test my camera out on them. I showed pictures of them before but never with the lens I have now. Check out the detail on these monsters. Oh the first one is of a very dirty looking gull, probably a Western.
LOVE the detail on these!
I'm a good 20 feet away at least.
Just a cool shot of a gull. Now looking at it, it looks very gray and big to be a gull, but that could be the lighting. I'm pretty sure it was one of the regulars, a Western, or Herring...but now that I look at it...hmmm...if anyone can help that would be cool.
These are Harbor seals that I snapped in Newport, but up the road a bit near a lighthouse.
Little fatties.
Tree.
Loved watching this guy surf with his paddle.
I hit the coast at very high tide. Very few birds to see along the water's edge. While I was standing above this beach, though, the sound of the water moving across the rocks on the beach was deafening. I wish I could have captured that for you.
Splash.
Another gull. Really the only birds I saw. This was right outside Pacific City. He and I hung out together for about an hour before I moved on... I drove back about an hour later and he was in the same spot.
This is Haystack. The people around here call it Haystack Rock, but that's redundant.
Anyway this picture was taken about 3 miles from the coast, where the stack is located.
My drive back...bird still there, but he's facing a different direction, at least.
On the road back, it's more forest than the drive in. Probably because a good chunk of it is national forest. Of course that doesn't stop anyone from cutting down the trees.
I can't remember the name of this little river. Netussca. Nusucas. Natucas...something like that.
Moss.
I like how dark it is driving through the trees even though there is a good 2 hours left of sunlight. This pic, of course, doesn't really show that darkness.
So, not really an eventful trip...don't even know why I am sharing these pictures, they seem so boring. Like I said, I didn't even see any birds. Okay, I saw some scaups, and a cormorant, but that's it.
It was good to get out and drive though without a time limit on anything or having to worry about anyone else wanting to be somewhere or wanting me to be somewhere. Perhaps I will do it again tomorrow. I would like to finish my trip up the coast. There's a place much further up that has bomb milkshakes, but that's more of a trip to be shared.
Song quote? I got nuthin right now. I've gone back to listening to the Pixies and Violent Femmes in my truck, so nothing new. Perhaps next time. Time moves us along.
Love to all and all to love,
Beth
All right, I found a song. Erykah Badu. I finally got some of her music. I think the first time I heard her was when watching Dave Chappelle's Block Party (thanks Margarita!!)...a really good film, by the way. This song is like 10 minutes long and worth all of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4C1jmG40zA Check it out...this you tube version is a shorter version of it. But you get the idea. Love Badu, man, gotta love her.
When words got a way way way way way way way
I want you (baby)
So what we gonna do (baby)
I want you (baby)
Love is on the way
All I got to say
Is it wont let go
We can pray to early May
Fast for 30 days
Still It wont let go
Got a good book and got all in it
Tried a little yoga for a minute
But it wont let go (oooh)
Tried to turn the sauna up hotter
Drank a whole jar of holy water
But it wont let go
And the words got a way way way way way way way
I want you
So what we gonna do
I want you
And I
I baby
I want you
You baby
So what we gonna do
[Begining]
And your words got a way
So what we gonna do
I know you're a little nervous
So what we gonna do
I know you really want this
So what we gonna do
I cant really explain it
So what we gonna do
I feel your love
I dont want no trouble
I just wanna love ya (yeah)
I dont want your money yeah
I just want to love ya (yeah)
I wanna get to know ya
And I
I want you
And I
I want you
And I
I want you....
All right, I found a song. Erykah Badu. I finally got some of her music. I think the first time I heard her was when watching Dave Chappelle's Block Party (thanks Margarita!!)...a really good film, by the way. This song is like 10 minutes long and worth all of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4C1jmG40zA Check it out...this you tube version is a shorter version of it. But you get the idea. Love Badu, man, gotta love her.
When words got a way way way way way way way
I want you (baby)
So what we gonna do (baby)
I want you (baby)
Love is on the way
All I got to say
Is it wont let go
We can pray to early May
Fast for 30 days
Still It wont let go
Got a good book and got all in it
Tried a little yoga for a minute
But it wont let go (oooh)
Tried to turn the sauna up hotter
Drank a whole jar of holy water
But it wont let go
And the words got a way way way way way way way
I want you
So what we gonna do
I want you
And I
I baby
I want you
You baby
So what we gonna do
[Begining]
And your words got a way
So what we gonna do
I know you're a little nervous
So what we gonna do
I know you really want this
So what we gonna do
I cant really explain it
So what we gonna do
I feel your love
I dont want no trouble
I just wanna love ya (yeah)
I dont want your money yeah
I just want to love ya (yeah)
I wanna get to know ya
And I
I want you
And I
I want you
And I
I want you....
No comments:
Post a Comment