The pictures aren't that stunning/breath-taking as I would have liked them to be, but it is just a small snippet of the many photos I have taken that ARE breath-taking. So quit your bitchin'.
It was such a beautiful day. People were out enjoying the sun and there weren't tons and tons of people, it was actually nice to share the pretty with others.
Really can we ask for anything better?These rocks were covered with Common Murres a few weeks ago. We missed the hatching of babes and the dropping off cliffs that they do a couple short days after they hatch. But we did see many youths in the water. These stacks/rocks are now covered in Pelagic Cormorants (anyone want to tell me the proper way to say pelagic?) and Brown Pelicans. The pelicans will be around all winter. I have never seen so many. They are loads of fun to watch.



Young male sea lions hang around the harbors as they do in California in some areas. There is one dock in particular that has a pier right below it where the sea lions hang out all the time. Sleeping, yelling at each other, sneezing, pooing, grunting and some would say snuggling. It is quite the 'show' for lack of a better word. I could sit there all day and watch them. They are big beautiful disgusting creatures.



Over the last couple of days I've had these moments while I am looking up at the sky or out across a vista where I say to myself "Holy Fuck, I can't believe I live here". Not very eloquent is it? But that is what I say. I am in amazement all the time at how beautiful this place is. No wonder art here is mild as are the people. You can't have adversity in a place like this...at least not for very long.
We went on a whale watching tour today. Now it isn't as exciting as shootings in Cincinnati, but it was neat. We did see some Grey whales. And here is where I admit something to you. I am not proud, but you should know. I threw up. Yep, I got horribly seasick. Jason said I was almost green. I am so ashamed, really. I'm still feeling it, in fact. It's been a long day.
Peace Out
Hey, don't forget to click on the photos for closer images.
2 comments:
Beautiful landscapes round you there Beth. I keep coming back here expecting to see them in your paintings...
You would think I would get out there and work some on these images as landscapes. I don't know what's wrong with me! But you are right. I need to do something...I'll post something in the next couple of weeks, besides that silly little thing I did recently.
Post a Comment