Monday, January 3, 2011

 Oh my god! Oh my god!  I got the coolest things in the mail today!!
So I will share.

Amos P. Kennedy Jr is an artist.  A letterpressman.  A bookbinder.  A printer.  I 'met' him on facebook through my friend Terry last summer.  We talked about his name because I never knew anyone with his name other than my grandfather.  Anyway, I looked at his work and fell in love.  And promptly forgot about it.  This fall a friend mentioned his name and showed me his work and I was like, "oh my god, I know that dude!"  (well, sort of)  And then I found out through Terry that there was a documentary on Amos and Laura Zinger the director and producer was looking for more funding to make more copies of the DVD to distribute.  I gave a small amount, enough to pay for a DVD and a little extra...postage perhaps.  And not only did I get two DVDs but Laura was fantastic enough to send me not one, not two, but THREE of his posters.  I can't tell you how excited I am that I have these.  I will be sharing one with someone, if he wants it.  He'll have to choose, because I can't decide which one to give away.
So, here they are...

the name of the documentary.

this one is blurry, but if you read my last post, note that this is the Henry Moore quote I was talking about.  A coincidence or just a popular quote?

and of course, this one is just the topper, no?


Man, I have found a bit of happiness today and that makes things good and will make things good tomorrow too.

I think that's all I have.  I just wanted to share my excitement.  Hopefully I will be meeting Amos in person someday soon via Terry and see his shop (and Ter's, which/who I am really excited to see too), maybe have some hot chocolate with him.

Love to all and all to love,
Beth










No comments: