Thursday, December 27, 2018

All right, all right, here we go...
I'll make this first new blog post sort of short.  See if it reaches anyone or who.
I was going to start a brand new blog, but decided that I should just use this old platform.  Now, pay attention, I have NOT gone back and read most of the stuff I have posted.  I did remove a few things that were some of the last things I posted. So be warned.  Some stuff may not be pretty and I may have changed my mind about some things.
Initially, this blog was made for all my eastern friends when I moved to Oregon.  Some decent stuff to sift through.  I think there may be some things in here about my divorce with Jason.  Probably not great things, but I was going through a lot back then. 
I most likely will keep silent about my relationship with Chris.  There is no need for me to pontificate on that clusterfuck any more.


So, let's see....
I am painting, but not much because I have a job, like, you know, an adult job, like 40 hour a week, managing people and shit like that.  It's an arts center, so that's good.  I love watching kids and adult make things and I love it when teachers show me what their students have done.  I love seeing the progress of everyone's work.  Other than that, it's soul sucking.  I have no energy to do my own stuff.
Oh, yeah, pottery...after the gas kiln died, which it did, I did a kickstarter to get a brand new kiln.  I got my money, got my kiln, and made all the work for the people who donated.  I planned to devote myself 100% to my work finally.  But, you know, life sometimes has different plans for us, or just wants to fuck with us and see just how much bullshit we can take.
Anyway, I sold that brand new kiln after only using it a handful of times.  I moved from Oregon to Arkansas.
There were about 3 months about a year ago where I was able to focus solely on painting.  It was right.  It didn't "feel" right.  It WAS right.  I would like to get back to that.  There isn't a whole lot in life that gives you that rightness and I aim to work on maintaining it once I get it back. 


I think that's it for now.  testing, testing...1,2, 3...anyone out there?
love to all and all to love,
BeF

10 comments:

Darren said...

Just think if you HADN'T left Oregon. You'd have all the time in the world to paint!

Unknown said...

Ummm...no...even less, probably!

Beth Laske-Miller said...

Hi! It's me! You know. .

Steve said...

Boo!

Tara said...

Woohoo! It worked! ��

Tiff said...

I vote you should come back to Oregon and stay forever :)

Unknown said...

Hi You!

Kevin Elmore said...

🤘

Lanetra Kofoed said...

Hey there beautiful blogger! Keep doing what makes you happy!

Matthew Schmeer said...

Well hey there!