The definition of clear here is
I don't know if I should add anything to these photos except that when the sun is out here, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that the sun is OUT. Nothing for it to hide behind. The temperatures, by the way, just got into the 70's and only for an couple of hours each day and then at night it drops down into the 50's. This is definitely a summer I can get used to.
Yesterday we took our first hike close to home.
It was a short trail and I don't know much about the history of the place. It is a research forest of about 7000 acres with old growth forest and areas that have been clearcut and replanted and there is an arboretum that houses native trees and shrubs. It's an interesting area.
There was a huge stand of trees that had been planted after a clearcut in rows. Line after line of trees going on for at least a quarter of a mile from one end to the other. These trees haven't been touched in at least 50 years; from counting the rings of some of the naturally felled trees along the path, I would say they might be around 75 to 100 years old, though. Manmade, but strangely beautiful.
I am a little distracted right now and feel I should say more, but I think the pictures say a great deal of my experiences I am having and I am so glad I can share them with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment