Friday, May 29, 2009

Pictures from the West Is the West really the Best?

To begin with, here is a budding tree farm. Mary and I took a drive to the coast last Saturday. I was in the mood for some kind of seafood. All I had was crab and shrimp, but it was good enough because it was by the ocean. That's what makes it special. Anyway, this here is a tree farm for Christmas trees. Interesting, yes?
Now here's another little tree picture, except this one has a car in it. I've been wanting to get a picture of it for a long time, and finally got it. It is set off the road quite a distance and my zoom lens is broken so I had to crop and enlarge the photo that I had. Not the best quality, but you can see it. The car is painted red, white, and blue, and I have no idea how it got up in the tree, but as tacky as it might seem, it's kind of cool.
And then we eventually get to the ocean, the shore, the coast, the beach. You will notice how sunny it is as we are driving there. Once we got there a tremendous fog rolled in before we even got to a vantage point to enjoy the water. I was amazed that there were people practically forcing themselves to stick around and make the best of it. I suppose the fog eventually rolls out, but I wasn't really all that willing to stick around and find out. It was nippy and I was feeling like a pussy.





























Man, I haven't been birdwatching in so long. I am finally starting to enjoy just watching them. I don't know if I will ever get back into doing serious identification and searches of them, though. Tainted.
I have shared this image before, but at a different time of the year, and possibly at more of a distance. But here is that clearcut hill with that little tiny mohawk of a patch of trees. Weird. Who would do that? Is it a joke? Or is that the percentage that the loggers aren't allowed to take out?







Strangely and sadly, I seem to be getting used to these barren places. I never enjoy seeing them, but instead of getting outraged or terribly sad, all I do now is heave a heavy sigh and hope that there isn't another patch of thick greeness gone the next time I drive this way.







The last photos are of a casino that I pass on the way to the coast. It's in the middle of nowhere. It's sits on the Grand Ronde Indian Reservation, so it makes sense that it is way out there. One of the craziest things is that no matter what time of day, what time of year, this place is packed. The parking lot always seems to be at its maximum capacity. Traffic isn't all that great because of it, but they've expanded the highway a bit, which seems to be helping some.




"Kids Play Too!!" What more could you ask for?
Don't forget to click on the images to get a better look at some of these photos.


Love to All and All to Love,
Beth

No comments: