I do have some good ones. And I think tomorrow sometime I will go out and get a couple shots of some more clover fields. I've never seen anything like them before. This is an absolutely amazing place, as I've said before.
And after being here for over a year and a half, I have really become attached to the place. I have some really fantastic friends; most of them almost excruciatingly younger than me. I haven't been to the coast, or on a road trip for that matter, since Jason left. That was 4 months ago. I don't know, I think it's all a bit tainted for me. Everywhere I look I think of Jason's and my similar reactions to this place we discovered. How completely convinced we had finally found the place to spend the rest of our lives--together. It's hard. But now he has someone else to enjoy all those places with, so I guess I must move on. But how? No, no worries about me friends. I just wonder about all those things I've talked to you about before. Still wondering, worrying.
The sun is out...
School is finishing up and I have been working hard almost every day just trying to keep my head above water. My work blows big time. I don't think I have created anything worth anything for a long time. Even my ceramic project sucks. It's a life-size self portrait...well, 3/4 size self-portrait and all 7 of us in the class have a chance of having our work exhibited in the town square for all to see. Of course, everyone's piece has either cracked or broken during the firing process. This is because of the long trek we have to make from the basement of the building, around the building to the kiln shed on a little cart. Bumps are not good for large clay sculptures.
Henry is doing great. Working through things in his own way, in his own time. His intuition is unbelievably strong and spot on. The only thing I hate is that when I am sad, he feels he needs to cheer me up. I hate it because I don't want him to feel responsible for my happiness. And I've told him so. He is such a good kid. God, I love him.
So I want to throw out a Congratulations to my friend Beth Laske-Miller who just had a very easy successful birth of her second child. Hip hip hooray!!
Oh wait, here are a couple shots I just found. Check it out. I love this field of whatever the hell it was.
And then there is the yard. Spring is the prettiest for the yard I have decided, and I am glad I got some shots of it for you. The tree that is overhanging had to be severely cut back due to an ice storm that weighed it down so terribly it was touching the ground. I think it might survive.
And I love this ground cover. It is even more intense now, just a couple weeks after the tulips are done. It's almost shocking, the color of it. Almost, but not quite.
I was trying to find some really good photos that I have of Henry and me, but realized they are on my camera and a friend has borrowed my USB port thing thingy, so I can't download them right now.
So I will away now.
You've been great.
Hopefully I will get some more photos out soon. I am getting close to the time last year when I first started this blog. So much has changed, eh? I will find new and exciting things to share. Hell, I am going to Missouri in a few weeks, the trip driving across the country will be at least 2 blogs in itself.
So much love to all - I can't tell you how lucky I feel knowing that you are out there-it keeps me going, and it also kind of makes me wonder why others don't see what you see--and all to love,
Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment